The Town Hall is home to Stockport Symphony Orchestra which has played there for over 40 years. Designed by architect Sir Alfred Brumwell Thomas and nicknamed locally “the wedding cake”, Stockport Town Hall is an Edwardian Grade II* listed building built between 1904 and 1908 in white Portland stone and inspired by Wren's London churches. The building has been described as ‘the last and most exhilarating major building’ of the High Edwardian Baroque. It has a very lavish interior and generous acoustic and was opened by the Prince and Princess of Wales in 1908.
On concert evenings there is a bar open before and after performances and during the interval.
Disabled access is by ramp at the Edward Street side entrance.
Undercover parking is available free in the Lacy Street car park behind the Town Hall (access from Edward Street).
Edward St, Stockport SK1 3XE